/* */ clvn: on going home

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

on going home


Yeah, I guess that's a really random picture. Hmm, that's supposed to show that Calvin is like...nevermind 0.O

...and so this is for Jing - a little bit of home. Of course, since I'm a wuss who doesn't take spicy food and a twinky who doesn't eat durians, the concept of a shared perception that we call 'home' is rather debatable. But anyway.

The day after I got back. I arranged to meet up with my friends at Kassim, the mamak near the Maxim in Pulau Tikus.
Yeah, I arranged to meet there but we ended up at some place called 'Solid Rock' instead. Fuyoo, it's a Christian restaurant. I don't know, I only see it as a marketing gimmick. There are plenty of Christian proprieters around and that means nothing to me. I saw it as a restaurant, purely that - and it failed to impress.

Me and my friends - I'm really fortunate to have a nucleus of friends to goes back to when I was in primary school - then hung around a bit. Finally ended up at 1-Stop playing pool. Somewhere along the way, we managed to be at Youth Park at 10p.m. and found out that someone actually guards the place at night.

Besides the friends, there was the Penang food as well.

Yeah, chicken rice and *how do you spell it? - going to go 'baku' here* kek la sui peng. Meet me at a kopitiam and that's what you're likely to see me having.

And then there was FINALLY hiking up Penang Hill with my ex-schoolmates. The emphasis on 'finally' is there because dear ol' Kenneth needed so much pushing to go. And then when we all decided to hike up, he needed so much pushing to get him to the top. But it wall worth it, 'cause we got there in the end. Everybody now, "Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind."
Sigh, I find blogging to be such a chore

No comments: