/* */ clvn: the little things

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

the little things

Darn, I am so stressed right now. What with trying to get my phone fixed and having my mother bug me incessantly over Grace. And E77 homework. It takes me forever to get my homework done - most of the time, I'm staring blankly at the screen wondering how I should write my code, and the rest of the time, I'm staring blankly at the screen wondering why my code doesn't work. And cursing silently. And eviscerating people in my head. I really need better anger management.

But at times like this, its nice to reflect on all the things that make life that much more bearable. The little things - the really frivolous but rather significant things. The things I never thought would make me smile at the oddest of times. The order is of no particular significance.

1. snacks to eat when I'm hungry at 2a.m.

2. the two 'One Piece' posters on my wall

3. cologne, when I wake up late and rush for class, and don't want to smell bad

4. my itsy bitsy fan, when I'm tired and sweating

5. the photo of my family in my wallet

6. steaming soba on a cold rainy day

7. the glorious sun when everywhere else in America is under snow

8. personal emails from friends back home

9. extremely frank, usually taboo, talks with floormates

10. honest and accepting small group members

11. solitary walks to church in the dark

12. reading magazines in the library

13. greeting/being greeted by random people in elevators

14. having people hold the door for me

15. realizing I'm never alone

16. having three blankets

17. learning esoteric facts in class

18. discussing self-worth

19. being confident

20. all the anime on DC++

21. scanlated manga

So many more - but I'm sleepy. Yawn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bugging you, hmmm? I'm still waiting patiently for your reply but glad to hear that you are alright. - mom

Anonymous said...

I used to make lists like that every so often... haven't done it in a while. Hmm!

summraznboi said...

lol i totally understand the anime at DC++!! gotta dl 'em all... anime!! (must sing to pokemon theme song >=P)