/* */ clvn: mo' money

Friday, March 09, 2007

mo' money

I cant recall how Math discussion got me and my friend talking about shares. I know at the end of it, he was telling me about his shares in Boeing going from $25 to $75 at some point in time. Y'know, when it became obvious that Airbus was having serious manufacturing problems, what more the political infighting. Poor German ex-Airbus employees. He's got shares in Lockheed Martin as well. Apparently, nuclear engineers like their tech companies.

But that got me thinking (more than I usually do), that I ought to get my money to work more for me. At least, I don't let it lie in a savings account, where it actually your money is lost to inflation despite your interest. No, my money is stuck in a CD (kinda like a fixed deposit) which gives me an interest rate of 4.31%.

Sure, I'm getting more returns on my money than many other college kids who couldn't care less - but still. I just detest the feeling I have that I'm not maximizing my resources. One of these semester, I'm going to take a finance class that deals with investing.

When I'm old and grey, I WILL be filthy rich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, go chat with my dad or something. XP His job is teaching people/companies/blah blah blah how to make more money.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.