/* */ clvn: the week before Spring Break

Monday, March 19, 2007

the week before Spring Break

It suddenly hit me today, how little time I have left in this semester. I'm going to go off for Spring Break, and when I return, there'll be but a month left. A month packed with midterms, finals and papers. Gah.

So I'll have to continuously remind myself of that sad fact in order to motivate myself to continuously work towards getting an awesome GPA. Continuously. I have nary any time to watch anime anymore and sleeping at 4a.m. is becoming a habit. A habit created by external forces, mind you. I rue my inadequate knowledge/appreciation of literature - I fear it'll cost me dearly this semester. Why oh why didn't I sign up for a different humanities breadth.

But still, I'm going with my class to see the world premiere of Phillip Kan Gotanda's play 'After the War' in San Francisco come Thursday. I hope it's good. Right after, my math oral exam in the afternoon. We have to go up to the blackboard, present some mathematical proofs and answer random questions on them. Sigh. And there's the annotated bibliography that I have to do.

I should get started on history research paper that's due at the end of the semester. Like, now.

Spring break should be fun though. I'm going on a roadtrip to SoCal with Roger and Will. Probably stop by Disneyland, Magic Mountain and the awesome beaches. I'm really excited. Hopefully, our Crossroads buddies will put us up. A camera would be so useful then. Especially since my w810i is still broken - I'll be bringing it home in the summer to get it fixed, 'cause the warranty's not valid here. My mom's sent off my old T610, I hope to get sometime this week.

There's something about not having a phone though, that is rather peaceful. Although I am constantly reminded that it is rather irresponsible and all, because of the way I have to inconvenience other people, not to mention myself. I don't feel its absence so acutely though, 'cause my social circle here is woefully small. Well, I guess that's something to rectify - when I have the time.

And the week I return from Spring Break, I'll have a physics midterm. Plus, I'll have to start on another Comparative Literature paper. Sigh, time is such an illusion. Everytime I get a little window where there is nothing immediately pressing, reality hollers out that in the big picture I have nothing. No, nothing at all.

And of summer? I'll be spending two thirds of it in a rented room in KL, at least, when I'm not at Astro trying to figure out how I can contribute to the company as a freshman. Absolutely delightful eh.

Time flies by. I'll be home soon. Till then.

No comments: